Achieve A Healthy-Looking Beautiful Smile With White Fillings
When it comes to dental fillings, there are two main types: white fillings and amalgam fillings. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. If you are considering which type of filling is right for you, contact Roseborough Dental in Mississauga, ON, to learn more about the difference between white and amalgam fillings!
Advantages of white fillings:
- They are less visible than amalgam fillings, making them a good option for people concerned about their teeth's appearance.
- They can be matched to the colour of your natural teeth, making them virtually invisible.
- They bond to your tooth structure, which helps to strengthen your tooth and prevents further decay.
- They are made of composite resin, a safe material that does not harm your health.
Disadvantages of white fillings:
- They are more expensive than amalgam fillings.
- They require more time and effort to place than amalgam fillings.
- They may not last as long as amalgam fillings.
Advantages of amalgam fillings:
- They are less expensive than white fillings.
- They can be placed quickly and easily.
- They are very durable and long-lasting.
Disadvantages of amalgam fillings:
- They are visible, which may not be desirable for people concerned about their teeth's appearance.
- They contain mercury, a toxic metal linked to health problems such as neurological disorders and kidney problems.
- They can cause tooth discolouration over time.
- They can expand and contract with temperature changes, which can lead to cracks in your teeth.
As your dentist in Mississauga, we’re happy to answer any questions! Give us a call today to book an appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Contact Roseborough Dental About White Fillings Today!
- Experience a natural-looking and long-lasting solution
- Never worry about your fillings again
- Enjoy the foods and drinks you love
- Match the filling to your natural tooth colour
- Flash an amazing new smile!