Why Digital X-Rays Are A Powerful For Our Dental Team
Learn about our digital x-ray technology
- More accurate diagnoses
- Reduced radiation exposure
- Quicker turnaround time
- An enhanced patient experience
- Learn more about your oral health
Dentists have been using x-rays for years to help them diagnose and treat patients. But what about digital x-rays? Are they really a better option? In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of digital x-rays and why more and more dentists are making the switch.
A brief history of dental x-rays
Dental x-rays were first developed in the late 1800s. They were initially used to help diagnose problems with teeth that were not visible to the naked eye. However, it wasn’t until the early 1900s that dentists began using x-rays on a regular basis.
The development of digital x-rays
Digital x-rays are a relatively new technology. There are several benefits of digital x-rays over traditional film x-rays, including:
- Higher quality images – Digital x-ray images are much higher quality than film x-ray images. This means that dentists can more easily diagnose problems.
- Less radiation – Digital x-rays use less radiation than traditional film x-rays. This is important because it means that digital x-rays are safer for both patients and dental staff.
- Environmentally friendly – Digital x-rays do not require the use of chemicals to develop, so they are more environmentally friendly than film x-rays.
Digital x-rays offer a number of advantages over traditional film x-rays. For one, digital x-rays are immediately available for viewing. This means that the dentist can get a clear image of the problem area right away and start working on a treatment plan. Additionally, digital x-rays use less radiation than traditional x-rays, making them safer for both patients and dental staff.
Overall, digital x-rays are a powerful tool that can help dentists diagnose and treat patients more effectively. If you are looking for a dentist in Mississauga who offers digital x-rays, contact our office today. We would be happy to answer any of your questions.