The Advantages Of Root Canal Treatment Over Tooth Extraction
Save your smile with root canal treatment
- Save a deeply infected tooth
- It’s not as scary as you may think
- Prevent the rest of your teeth from shifting
- Most treatments are completed in one visit
- Your tooth will function as good as new
Endodontics or root canal therapy is dentistry that focuses on diseases and injuries of dental pulp, the soft tissues inside a tooth. Its purpose is to save a natural tooth and to relieve pain.
If you are experiencing tooth pain, the first thing you may think is that you need to have the tooth extracted. However, root canal treatment may be a better option for you. In this blog post, we will discuss the advantages of root canal treatment over tooth extraction. We will also provide information about root canals and how they are performed. If you are experiencing any type of dental pain, please do not hesitate to contact our dental office in Mississauga for a consultation!
Root canal treatment is often the best option for treating an infected tooth. The procedure involves removing the infected tissue from the root canal, cleaning and disinfecting the area, and then filling and sealing the root canal. Root canal treatment can save your natural tooth and prevent further damage to your jawbone.
Extraction of a tooth is a last resort option that should only be considered if root canal treatment is not possible or has failed. Tooth extraction can cause problems with your bite, as well as put stress on the surrounding teeth. In addition, extracting a tooth can lead to bone loss in the jaw.
Root canal treatment has many advantages over tooth extraction, including:
- root canal treatment can save your natural tooth
- root canal treatment prevents further damage to your jawbone
- root canal treatment is less invasive than tooth extraction
- root canal treatment is more affordable than tooth extraction
If you are experiencing any type of dental pain, please contact our office for a consultation! Our team will work with you to determine the best course of treatment for your individual needs.