The Benefits Of Fluoride Treatment For Oral Health
Since fluoride was introduced to communities as a public health measure back in the late 1940s, it has proven to be the greatest cavity fighter we have. Most of us are familiar with fluoride as an additive to our water supply, but ever since we were children, we’ve ingested microscopic amounts of this naturally-occurring mineral in food. And there are other fluoride treatments that can be of great benefit to your oral and dental health.
Ask us about fluoride treatments
- Helps prevent cavities & tooth decay
- Can protect against acid attacks & plaque buildup
- Strengthens teeth, making them more resistant to cavities
- Treatment is painless and easy
- Maintain a healthy, beautiful smile
If you're looking for ways to improve your oral health, fluoride treatments may be the answer. Fluoride is a natural mineral that helps protect teeth against decay. It is often added to water supplies and dental products like toothpaste and mouthwash. As your dentist in Mississauga, we offer fluoride treatments as part of our services and can provide you with a custom plan that will help keep your smile healthy and sparkling!
Where does fluoride come from?
Fluoride is a common treatment that dentists use to help prevent cavities. It is a mineral that is found naturally in water and soil. Fluoride can also be added to drinking water and toothpaste.
Dentists may recommend fluoride treatments for patients who are at a high risk for cavities. This includes patients who have dry mouth, gum disease, or frequent cavities. Fluoride treatments can help to reverse early signs of tooth decay and make teeth more resistant to cavities.
If you live in an area with fluoridated water, you are getting a small amount of fluoride each time you drink from the tap. You may also be getting fluoride from other sources, such as toothpaste or mouthwash. Too much fluoride can cause a condition called fluorosis, which causes white spots on the teeth.
Here are some of the benefits of fluoride treatments:
- Fluoride treatments can help prevent cavities.
- Fluoride treatments can help reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Fluoride treatments can help improve the appearance of your teeth.
- Fluoride treatments can help reduce sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.
- Fluoride treatments can help increase the strength of your teeth.
If you're interested in fluoride treatments, be sure to talk to us about what options are available to you.